Week Three – Day 3.
Read Philippians 4:5-7 ESV SOAP Philippians 4:6
I must tell Jesus – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OstTuwrKM2Q
I need Thee Every Hour – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZIMDcgrF-Q
5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
O – Paul instructs the Philippians, in chapter 4, of how to live.
- First, to rejoice in everything – always. (v. 4)
- To be reasonable – have a gentle spirit, be gracious, unselfish, merciful, patient (v. 5).
- To NOT be anxious or worried, BUT to present our requests (everything – every circumstance and situation, worries, concerns) to God. (v. 6)
- Our requests should be submitted in prayer and supplication (petition – prayer for ourselves) – WITH THANKSGIVING. Not complaining.
- The result? God’s peace (that reassures our hearts) – which is beyond our understanding – will guard our hearts and our minds (our emotions, feelings and whole beings) (v. 7)
A – What is my FIRST reaction to worry or concern? Is it to go to the Lord in prayer – or to worry and try to take care of it myself? I must confess, that sometimes, I do worry. I do try to “do it myself.” But, more and more, I am learning to go to Him. Learning. I have found Him faithful – and THERE. I must tell Jesus – I cannot bear these burdens alone… knowing this helps me to run to Him. But – I also need to go to Him – JUST BECAUSE. Just because He is there. Just because He is faithful. Just because HE calls me to Him. Just because He is God. Just because. He is THERE.
P – Oh Lord God – You are THERE. You are HERE. Thank You for Your faithful presence – You promised to never leave or forsake me – and You never have. You have walked with me through trials, through sorrow, through worry, through times of great stress. You have given me Your Peace – the peace that passeth all understanding. Thank You for your faithfulness. Your presence and peace have guarded my heart and my mind – for so many years. Keep me close to You. Remind me of Your faithfulness – in my daily life, not just the times of worry and concern.