Week One – Day 3
Wednesday Ephesians 3:14-21 – SOAP – Ephesians 3:20-21
14 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, 16 that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. 20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
O – Today, as I read, I see the spiritual blessings that God gives us – abundantly and freely. What does He give? (words in () are AMP)
- The riches of His glory
- Strengthens us with power (spiritually energized)
- (indwelling your innermost being and personality)
- Christ dwells in our hearts – through faith
- Roots and grounds us with love (deeply rooted and securely grounded in love)
- Gives strength to comprehend the extent of His love (fully capable of comprehending with all the saints the width and length and height and depth of HIS love – fully experiencing that amazing, endless love)
- Helps us to know the love of Christ (which far surpasses mere knowledge without experience)
- Fills us with the fullness of God (filled up throughout your being to all the fullness of God – so that you man have the richest experience of God’s presence in your lives – completely filled and flooded with God Himself)
- Is able to do more abundantly more than we ask or think (to carry out His purpose and do superabundantly ore than all that we dare ask or think – infinitely beyond out greatest prayers, hopes, or dreams)
- Works powerfully within us
A – Typing out those words was a powerful experience! Paul speaks of God in the superlative – in so many ways! His riches. Deeply rooted in Him. Comprehending the wide extent of His love. Filled with the fullness of God. Exceedingly abundantly more than we ask or imagine. Working powerfully within us! Do I think of God in this way – IN me? I know that I think of God in the superlative, when I think of creation, or heaven, or His great works. But, in me? That’s what God wants – for us to think of His superlative working – in us, personally. He wants me to experience His love – to understand HOW GREAT His love is – for me. He wants me to know Christ – so I can be FILLED UP with the FULLNESS of God! The richest experiences of God’s presence in my life. THAT is incredible! He is ABLE to do more than I dare ask or think. DO I even think that way? Do I pray, knowing that He is able to do EXCEEDINGLY ABUNDANTLY MORE than I could ask or imagine? THIS is the God who wants to work within me – to the extent that I allow Him to. God – FILL ME!
P – Father God – words cannot express my thoughts today. I am overwhelmed by Your love, Your desire to work within me – so that I can KNOW YOU. Help me to comprehend the depth of Your love for me. Help me to see Your presence at work in me. Thank You for the demonstration of Your love in the gift of Jesus Christ. Father – fill me. Dwell in me. Work in me. Flood me with Yourself. Then – help me to share that with others in my path. Give me the desire and strength to overflow with Your love – into the lives of others.
Because of Who You are – Martha Munizzi – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owxwoWXoKWY